welcome to KEDEM
Kedem is a community where we enjoy being Jewish.
Our slogan is Joyful Jewish Life and that is our aim – to create a vibrant community of people who come together in lots of different ways to celebrate, live, learn and have fun.
We welcome people from diverse backgrounds, ages and lifestyles.
Shabbat and all Chaggim are celebrated with joy, song and food!!
For more information about our vibrant, community-led services, click here
For more information about our range of social activities, click here
For more information about our programs for kids and youth, click here
Join us in a wide range of services and activities
· Shabbat services on the first and third Saturday of each month at 10 am
· relaxed shared Shabbat dinners on the second Friday of each month in a private home
· Shabbat gatherings with meditative, contemplative, renewal style services on the 4th Shabbat morning of the month in a private home
· festival services and celebrations for all ages, with engaging activities that bring the Torah to life
· a vibrant, engaging Bar/Bat Mitzvah program
· many different social functions, e.g. theatre group, book club, bike rides, film nights, brunches, an annual retreat, museum tours and progressive dinners
· social justice activities aiming to ‘repair our world’
· educational and learning sessions for all ages
· The Whole Megillah, our quarter yearly newsletter and E-kedem our fortnightly e-bulletin
· a caring committee that does acts of Gemilut Chasadim (kindness), for example, visiting the sick, or providing hospitality and food
COMING UP THIS MONTH
Saturday 4th July: - Regular Shabbat Service 10.00 am at KDS followed by the Leyning Workshop.
Friday 10th July: - Kabbalat Shabbat at the home of Deb Stone & Danny Companez at 6.45 for 7.00pm service and singing, followed by candle lighting, Kiddush and in true Kedem style we will share a 'pot luck' vegetarian dinner. Service will be led by Shannyn Gelbart. Contact Rachel Ben David by email on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Saturday 18th July: - Regular Shabbat Service 10.00 am at KDS followed by the Leyning Workshop.
Saturday 25th July: - Service for the Soul 9.50 for 10am till 12.00 noon at a private home TBC. A spirited Shabbat morning of chanting, prayer, meditation and joy followed by Kiddush. Continuing on the 4th Shabbat of every month in a private home. For more information please contact Ruth Gross email@example.com All welcome to come along.
Sunday 26th July: - Kedem's AGM at 7.30 at the home of Libby & Lionel Appelboom. Guest Speaker Gary Samowitz CEO of Stand Up: Jewish Community to a Better World. Topic: "Engaging Young Adults in the Community''ary Samowitz. All welcome to attend this important Kedem event.
Check out the Kedem Google Calendar for details.