welcome to KEDEM
Kedem's 21st Annual General Meeting will be held on Sunday 28th August at 7.30 pm in a private home in Caulfield North. Our guest speaker is Erez Feinberg. Topic is ''Through the creation of the world - understanding Israel today". This will be followed by supper. All welcome.
The next Fifth Shabbat study session will be held on July 30th at the home of Bev and Andrew Gelbart at 10.00am. Discussion followed by Kiddush and refreshments. Speaker is PJV Shaliach Uri Levin. Topic is ''Alone in the desert - The deep messages of Israeli pop music''. Click here for flyer
Sunday 21st of August at 6.30pm at the Kadimah, 7 Selwyn Street, Elsternwick for a sing along of known Hebrew & English love songs. Join Oded Gordon and more artists for this special Kedem evening. $20 (non members) $10 for Kedem members (BYO vegetarian dish to share). Bookings essential at firstname.lastname@example.org Click here for flyer.
KEDEM IS A COMMUNITY WHERE WE ENJOY BEING JEWISH.
Our slogan is Joyful Jewish Life and that is our aim – to create a vibrant community of people who come together in lots of different ways to celebrate, live, learn and have fun.
We welcome people from diverse backgrounds, ages and lifestyles.
Shabbat and all Chaggim are celebrated with joy, song and food!!
For more information about our vibrant, community-led services, click here
For more information about our range of social activities, click here
For more information about our programs for kids and youth, click here
JOIN US IN A WIDE RANGE OF SERVICES & ACTIVITIES
· Shabbat services on the first and third Saturday of each month at 10 am
· Kabbalat Shabbat our relaxed shared Shabbat dinners on the second Friday of each month in a private home
· Service for the Soul - Shabbat gatherings with meditative, contemplative, renewal style services on the 4th Shabbat morning of the month in a private home
· festival services and celebrations for all ages, with engaging activities that bring the Torah to life
· a vibrant, engaging Bar/Bat Mitzvah program
· many different social functions, e.g. theatre group, book club, bike rides, film nights, brunches, an annual retreat, museum tours and progressive dinners
· social justice activities aiming to ‘repair our world’
· educational and learning sessions for all ages
· The Whole Megillah, our annual newsletter and E-kedem our fortnightly e-bulletin
· a caring committee that does acts of Gemilut Chasadim (kindness), for example, visiting the sick, or providing hospitality and food
COMING UP THIS MONTH
Saturday 2nd July: - Regular Shabbat Service 10.00 am at KDS.
Friday 8th July: - Kabbalat Shabbat at the home of Libby & Lionel Appelboom at 6.00pm which includes a kids program this month. Service and singing, followed by candle lighting, Kiddush and in true Kedem style we will share a 'pot luck' vegetarian dinner. Service will be led by Libby Appelboom. Contact Rachel Ben David by email on email@example.com for more information.
Friday 15th July: Kabbalat Shabbat for Kids – Morning Kabbalat Shabbat for mums & kids. Kehilat Nitzan is welcoming Kedem members. Free Entry for our members. Click here for flyer. Bookings here.
Saturday 16th July: - Regular Shabbat Service 10.00 am at KDS. Marg Visbord & Lionel Green's wedding anniversary. All welcome to come along and wish them a hearty MAZELTOV.
Saturday 23rd July: - Service for the Soul 9.50 for 10am till 12.00 noon at home of Peter & Liz Marks. A spirited Shabbat morning of chanting, prayer, meditation and joy followed by Kiddush. Continuing on the 4th Shabbat of every month in a private home. For more information please contact Ruth Gross firstname.lastname@example.org All welcome to come along.
Saturday 30th July: - Fifth Shabbat study session at the home of Bev and Andrew Gelbart at 10.00am. Speaker is PJV Shaliach Uri Levin. Topic is "Alone in the desert - The deep messages of Israeli pop music'. Fore more details contact Caryn Granek on email@example.com or Rosi at the Kedem office on 9576 2277. Click here for flyer with more details
Check out the Kedem Google Calendarthe for details.