welcome to KEDEM
Kedem is a community where we enjoy being Jewish.
Our slogan is Joyful Jewish Life and that is our aim – to create a vibrant community of people who come together in lots of different ways to celebrate, live, learn and have fun.
We welcome people from diverse backgrounds, ages and lifestyles.
Shabbat and all Chaggim are celebrated with joy, song and food!!
For more information about our vibrant, community-led services, click here
For more information about our range of social activities, click here
For more information about our programs for kids and youth, click here
Join us in a wide range of services and activities
· Shabbat services on the first and third Saturday of each month at 10 am
· relaxed shared Shabbat dinners on the second Friday of each month in a private home
· Shabbat gatherings with meditative, contemplative, renewal style services on the 4th Shabbat morning of the month in a private home
· festival services and celebrations for all ages, with engaging activities that bring the Torah to life
· a vibrant, engaging Bar/Bat Mitzvah program
· many different social functions, e.g. theatre group, book club, bike rides, film nights, brunches, an annual retreat, museum tours and progressive dinners
· social justice activities aiming to ‘repair our world’
· educational and learning sessions for all ages
· The Whole Megillah, our quarter yearly newsletter and E-kedem our fortnightly e-bulletin
· a caring committee that does acts of Gemilut Chasadim (kindness), for example, visiting the sick, or providing hospitality and food
COMING UP THIS MONTH
Friday 8th May: - Kabbalat Shabbat at the home of Judith and Alex Field 6.45 for 7.00pm. Stephanie Gratch will be leading the service and singing, followed by candle lighting, Kiddush and in true Kedem style we will share a 'pot luck' dinner. Contact Rachel Ben David on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Please email to Judith Field on email@example.com to RSVP
Saturday 16th May: - Regular Shabbat Service 10.00 am at KDS
Saturday 23rd May: - THIS HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO SHAVUOT EVENTS. Service for the Soul 9.50 for 10am till 12.00 noon at a private home TBC. A spirited Shabbat morning of chanting, prayer, meditation and joy followed by Kiddush. Continuing on the 4th Shabbat of every month in a private home. All welcome. For more information please contact Ruth Gross firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday 23rd May: - Tikkun Leil Shavuot at private home TBA. 6.00pm onwards. Family fun activity led by Shannyn Gelbart, followed by dinner and cheesecake competition. The theme for the evening will be ‘Ten People – Ten Commandments’ where the ten commandments will be presented to you like never before – come along and join in the fun! Please contact Caryn email@example.com if you would like to know more or can offer assistance in the planning.
Sunday 24th May: - Shavuot Festival Service 10.00 am at KDS followed by yummy cheesecake Kiddush!
Saturday 30th May: -Special Shabbat Service 10.00 am at KDS with celebration for Anne Starrs 100th birthday. All invited to come to this festive occasion which will be followed by a Kiddush.
Partisan the movie released in Melbourne 28th May :
The 'Partisan' movie will be screening at the Nova, Palace and Classic Cinemas from 28th May 2015.
Partisan is a 2015 Australian film directed by Ariel Kleiman. The film stars Vincent Cassel as Gregori, a cult leader. The feature marks Kleiman's directorial debut. Kleiman wrote the film with his girlfriend Sarah Cyngler.
It premiered at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival. Sarah is our very own Jim Cyngler's daughter and we wish them all the best of success on its release.
We are in the process of trying to organise a Kedem group outing to this followed by supper – all to be confirmed. Please watch this space....
Check out the Kedem Google Calendar for details.