welcome to KEDEM
Kedem is a community where we enjoy being Jewish.
Our slogan is Joyful Jewish Life and that is our aim – to create a vibrant community of people who come together in lots of different ways to celebrate, live, learn and have fun.
We welcome people from diverse backgrounds, ages and lifestyles.
Shabbat and all Chaggim are celebrated with joy, song and food!!
For more information about our vibrant, community-led services, click here
For more information about our range of social activities, click here
For more information about our programs for kids and youth, click here
Join us in a wide range of services and activities
· Shabbat services on the first and third Saturday of each month at 10 am
· relaxed shared Shabbat dinners on the second Friday of each month in a private home
· Shabbat gatherings with meditative, contemplative, renewal style services on the 4th Shabbat morning of the month in a private home
· festival services and celebrations for all ages, with engaging activities that bring the Torah to life
· a vibrant, engaging Bar/Bat Mitzvah program
· many different social functions, e.g. theatre group, book club, bike rides, film nights, brunches, an annual retreat, museum tours and progressive dinners
· social justice activities aiming to ‘repair our world’
· educational and learning sessions for all ages
· The Whole Megillah, our quarter yearly newsletter and E-kedem our fortnightly e-bulletin
· a caring committee that does acts of Gemilut Chasadim (kindness), for example, visiting the sick, or providing hospitality and food
COMING UP THIS MONTH
Saturday 7th November: - Nevitim Service at the King David School hall commencing at 9.30 am sharp (doors open at 9.15). On one Shabbat morning every school term there will be a service with a difference at Kedem. The service will be short and will appeal to people of all ages who find traditional services challenging. If you or someone you know has felt unable to attend traditional Shabbat services this is for you! Ten minute service, no need to sit quietly, lots of singing, informal activities and Kiddush after service. For more information please contact Tal Spinrad on email@example.com or Zoe London on firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday 7th November: - Regular Shabbat Service 10.00 am at KDS.
Friday 13th November: - Kabbalat Shabbat at the home of Sam and Esther Lewin at 6.45 for 7.00pm service and singing, followed by candle lighting, Kiddush and in true Kedem style we will share a 'pot luck' vegetarian dinner. Service will be led by Shannyn Gelbart. Contact Rachel Ben David by email on email@example.com for more information.
Thursday 19 - 22 November: - Artist Open House. Opening night Thursday 9th November at 7 - 9 pm at 5 Powderham Road North Caulfield. Studio open 20th - 22nd November from 11 - 4. Contemporary artist Leonie Leivenzon together with Kedem and Stand Up invite you to attend this wonderful exhibition. 30% of the profits will go to these two organisations. Contact Kedem for more information.
Saturday 21st November: - Regular Shabbat Service 10.00 am at KDS.
Saturday 28th November: - Service for the Soul 9.50 for 10am till 12.00 noon at the King David School, 117 Kooyong Road Armadale. A spirited Shabbat morning of chanting, prayer, meditation and joy followed by Kiddush. Continuing on the 4th Shabbat of every month in a private home. For more information please contact Ruth Gross firstname.lastname@example.org All welcome to come along.
Check out the Kedem Google Calendar for details.