welcome to KEDEM
Kabbalat Shabbat with kids program
The next Kabbalat Shabbat will be held on July 8th at the home of Caryn and Sam Granek. Kids program at 6.00 followed by adult regular service at 7.00. This will be led by Libby Appelboom. All welcome. Click here for flyer.
The next Fifth Shabbat study session will be held on July 30th at the home of Bev and Andrew Gelbart at 10.00am. Discussion followed by Kiddush and refreshments. Speaker is PJV Shaliach Uri Levin. Topic is ''Alone in the desert - The deep messages of Israeli pop music''. Click here for flyer
Kedem is a community where we enjoy being Jewish.
Our slogan is Joyful Jewish Life and that is our aim – to create a vibrant community of people who come together in lots of different ways to celebrate, live, learn and have fun.
We welcome people from diverse backgrounds, ages and lifestyles.
Shabbat and all Chaggim are celebrated with joy, song and food!!
For more information about our vibrant, community-led services, click here
For more information about our range of social activities, click here
For more information about our programs for kids and youth, click here
Join us in a wide range of services and activities
· Shabbat services on the first and third Saturday of each month at 10 am
· Kabbalat Shabbat our relaxed shared Shabbat dinners on the second Friday of each month in a private home
· Service for the Soul - Shabbat gatherings with meditative, contemplative, renewal style services on the 4th Shabbat morning of the month in a private home
· festival services and celebrations for all ages, with engaging activities that bring the Torah to life
· a vibrant, engaging Bar/Bat Mitzvah program
· many different social functions, e.g. theatre group, book club, bike rides, film nights, brunches, an annual retreat, museum tours and progressive dinners
· social justice activities aiming to ‘repair our world’
· educational and learning sessions for all ages
· The Whole Megillah, our annual newsletter and E-kedem our fortnightly e-bulletin
· a caring committee that does acts of Gemilut Chasadim (kindness), for example, visiting the sick, or providing hospitality and food
COMING UP THIS MONTH
Friday 3rd - Sunday 5th June: - Kedem Annual Retreat at the beautiful El Kanah in Marysville.
Saturday 4th June: - Regular Shabbat Service 10.00 am at KDS.
Friday 10th June: - CANCELLED FOR THIS MONTH DUE TO SHAVUOT ON WEEKEND
Kabbalat Shabbat at a private home at 6.45 for 7.00pm service and singing, followed by candle lighting, Kiddush and in true Kedem style we will share a 'pot luck' vegetarian dinner. Contact Rachel Ben David by email on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Saturday 11th June: Shavuot event - White night - Shavuot Eve. Commencing at 6.00 with a family program and heaps of fun for the evening.Click here for flyer.
Sunday 12th June: - Festival Shavuot Service 10.00 am at KDS followed by a cheesecake Kiddush. All welcome to come and celebrate this special festival service.
Saturday 18th June: - Regular Shabbat Service 10.00 am at KDS.
Saturday 25th June: - Service for the Soul 9.50 for 10am till 12.00 noon at home of Peter & Liz Marks. A spirited Shabbat morning of chanting, prayer, meditation and joy followed by Kiddush. Continuing on the 4th Shabbat of every month in a private home. For more information please contact Ruth Gross email@example.com All welcome to come along.
Check out the Kedem Google Calendarthe for details.