welcome to KEDEM
Kedem is a community where we enjoy being Jewish.
Our slogan is Joyful Jewish Life and that is our aim – to create a vibrant community of people who come together in lots of different ways to celebrate, live, learn and have fun.
We welcome people from diverse backgrounds, ages and lifestyles.
Shabbat and all Chaggim are celebrated with joy, song and food!!
For more information about our vibrant, community-led services, click here
For more information about our range of social activities, click here
For more information about our programs for kids and youth, click here
Join us in a wide range of services and activities
· Shabbat services on the first and third Saturday of each month at 10 am
· relaxed shared Shabbat dinners on the second Friday of each month in a private home
· Shabbat gatherings with meditative, contemplative, renewal style services on the 4th Shabbat morning of the month in a private home
· festival services and celebrations for all ages, with engaging activities that bring the Torah to life
· a vibrant, engaging Bar/Bat Mitzvah program
· many different social functions, e.g. theatre group, book club, bike rides, film nights, brunches, an annual retreat, museum tours and progressive dinners
· social justice activities aiming to ‘repair our world’
· educational and learning sessions for all ages
· The Whole Megillah, our quarter yearly newsletter and E-kedem our fortnightly e-bulletin
· a caring committee that does acts of Gemilut Chasadim (kindness), for example, visiting the sick, or providing hospitality and food
COMING UP THIS MONTH
Wednesday 4th March: - Kedem Celebrates Purim. Please join us for an evening of food and fun for all ages. Laugh at the spiel. Learn in the study session. Boo and rattle your greggor as the sun goes down on Haman! 6.00 Kids activities, pizza and parade, 7.00Purim spiel and dinner, 8.00 Study session led by Rakhel - why the mystics consider Purim to be the holiest holiday of the year….even overshadowing Yom Kippur followed by Megillah reading. At a private home in Caulfield North. Please wear fancy dress for young and old (if you like) and please bring: a basket of nice surprises and you will receive one brought by another family (mishloach manot kringle). Contact Rosi at Kedem on email@example.com for more information.
Saturday 7th March: - Regular Shabbat Service 10am at KDS.
Friday 13th March: - Kabbalat Shabbat in a private home TBA 6.45 for 7.00pm service and singing, followed by candle lighting, Kiddush and in true Kedem style we will share a 'pot luck' dinner. Contact Rosi at Kedem on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Friday 20th March:- Rosh Chodesh Celebration - Come and welcome the new month of Nissan, Jewish Renewal style on erev Rosh Chodesh. This Service for the Soul event will include a Kabbalat Shabbat service, meditation and chanting. The celebration will be held at a private home in Black Rock at 6.30 sharp. Please bring vegetarian food to share for dinner. Bookings are essential with Rosi in the Kedem office on email@example.com or 98225802.
Saturday 21st March: - Regular Shabbat Service 10am at KDS.
Saturday 28th March: - Service for the Soul 9.50 for 10am till 12.00 noon at a private home TBC. A spirited Shabbat morning of chanting, prayer, meditation and joy followed by Kiddush. Continuing on the 4th Shabbat of every month in a private home. All welcome. For more information please contact Rosi on firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the Kedem Google Calendar for details.