STUDY SESSIONS - SHIURIM
We are committed to ongoing Jewish learning and shiurim provide opportunities for our members to enhance their own Jewish knowledge in a number of different ways:
- Food for the soul -Please join us for special Shabbat services in Winter - our lunch and learn events. In the beginning of the month we will host a speaker after the service. (The services will be shorter).
- 5th Shabbat study sessions: Kedem holds a study session which may include a guest speaker, study of the week’s Parsha, or discussion of a salient topic. These are held in a member’s private home and are open to all Kedem members. These are held on months that have a 5th Saturday.
- Other shiurim are held at various intervals during the year, often lead by a particularly knowledgable Kedem members or by an invited guest. We have run shiurim on topics as diverse as: What’s Perplexing Rambam? How to Funk up your Seder. How to be a Gabbai. The Zohar and Current Israeli Politics.
- Education/training sessions are held to teach members who would like to lead parts of the service. Special sessions are held to “up-skill” members and to encourage members to take on roles they may have not previously felt comfortable to do.
- Refresher programs are also provided for those who would like to relearn their Bar/Bar Mitzvah Parsha so they can leyn on their anniversary.